Furnace Repair in Racine, WI
Factory Trained Technicians for Precision Repairs
A furnace provides reliable warmth for your family when the temperatures plummet. However, if your furnace isn’t running at peak efficiency, your home may be uncomfortable and your home heating bills may increase. First Call Heating & Cooling Inc is here when you need us for furnace repair in Racine and neighboring communities.
Get in touch with us by telephone at (262) 205-5751 to schedule your furnace repair.
Troubleshooting Tips for Furnaces
Furnace repair is always best left to a professional. However, there are a few things you can do when your furnace isn’t running at peak performance before calling a professional. Try these troubleshooting tips when you are having furnace trouble.
If your furnace won’t switch on or keeps shutting off, you can try:
- Checking the thermostat – Make sure the thermostat is switched to heat mode. If the temperature is set higher than the current temperature, try adjusting the thermostat.
- Making sure the furnace has power – Turn the fan switch to the “on” position. Check the circuit breakers and rest any tripped breakers. If your furnace has an SSU switch, make sure it is turned on.
- Inspecting the filter – If your filter hasn’t been changed in a while, air flow may be restricted. This can cause comfort issues, high energy bills, and overheating. Check and change the filter.
- Inspecting the return vents – When return vents are closed or blocked, the entire system can be affected. Check all the vents to make sure they aren’t closed or blocked to ensure proper air flow.
In some situations, troubleshooting can repair the issue with your furnace. If you have tried these steps and your furnace is still not working right, it is time to call for professional repair.
When to Call for Furnace Repair
A furnace that isn’t working at all obviously is in need of repair. Other problems are not as readily detected. Minor fluctuations in performance or a decrease in home comfort shouldn’t be overlooked. These are signs of a problem and addressing furnace issues right away can help avoid a complete and sudden failure and loss of heat.
Call a professional for repair when:
- The furnace won’t turn on
- You hear banging, popping, or rattling noises
- The burner flame is yellow
- The house isn’t being warmed evenly
- Your house isn’t getting warm even when the furnace is on
Our technicians are professionally trained and equipped to provide reliable furnace repair in Racine for all major furnace brands and models. After we inspect your system and identify the source of the trouble, we will provide a clear explanation of the repair options and an estimate for the cost of your repair.
Get Your Furnace Repaired Fast
We know that losing heat in the winter can create a dangerous situation for your family. We are here when you need us, with same-day service in Racine. Furnaces don’t always wait until Monday to breakdown, so we have emergency furnace repair available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can rest assured that First Call Heating & Cooling Inc will never leave you out in the cold.
If you are having trouble with your furnace, call (262) 205-5751 for expert repair service.